Yodle, a leading provider local search advertising and online lead
generation services to small businesses continues to grow and we are
actively looking to hire SEM Strategist to optimize SEM data and
maximize results for client campaigns. Based out of our Manhattan
office, this is a unique opportunity implement effective SEM
strategies for our cutting edge search marketing advertising solutions.
Reporting to the VP, Operations, the SEM Strategist, will be a Search
Engine Marketing (SEM) expert, have Pay per Click (PPC) knowledge and
will develop and implement effective (SEM) strategies and tactics,
with the goal of generating higher quality leads at lowest cost.
• Analyze search marketing campaign data and make suggestions to
optimize search-marketing campaigns.
• Developing vertical specific industry knowledge and best practices
that will drive account profitability and drive increase in online
• Oversee a large number of customer accounts with intention of
driving high retention rates..
• Identify, communicate and train our internal account management team
on SEM best practices for the local market.
• Work with Product Managers and the technology group to incorporate
these Best Practices into our platform and bidding system.
• 3 + years experience analyzing web-based marketing reports and data
to develop solutions that optimize campaign performance.
• 1-2 years PPC campaign experience. Certification in either Google
Adwords, Yahoo!/Overture, and MSN AdCenter preferred.
• Background in search engine marketing strategies and optimization
techniques including: pay per click advertising, paid search
advertising, keyword analysis and selection; competitive site
analysis; keyword density analysis; optimization of site content; ad
• Knowledge of online lead generation space and experience with CPL,
CPA, and PPC advertising
• Strong Analytical and problem solving skills: Ability to deal with
large volumes of data and making actionable decisions
• Experience working with web analytics tools preferred.
• Strong attention to detail, organization, time and project
management skills, with the ability to collaborate and inspire others
• Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Excel and PowerPoint experience are required, SQL skills a plus.
• Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree preferred.
What we offer you:
• An opportunity to further enhance your skills and refine your talent.
• Continuing education including; training, seminars, books,
• Highly competitive compensation.
• Attractive Stock Option Plan.
• Health/Dental benefits, 401 (K) plan.
• Great work environment and culture.
• Accessible and open-minded leadership.
• A unique opportunity to work with smart people and learn a lot about
one of the fastest growing industries.
To apply here's what to do:
1. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference, "SEM
Strategist " in the subject section of your email when you apply.
Yodle is a Bessemer ventures funded company in the midst of a major
national rollout that will grow our client base from 300 to 1,000. We
provide search-engine advertising and online lead generation services
to small businesses. Yodle has developed an integrated approach to
signing up and serving local businesses that are transitioning their
marketing budgets online. We provide local businesses with a simple
way to cost-effectively acquire more customers by advertising on the
major search engines including: Google, Yahoo, AOL, Ask, and MSN.
Local Search is considered the new frontier in paid search marketing,
the fastest growing area of both technology and advertising and the
key driver of Google, Yahoo, and MSN. Over $100 billion is spent on
local advertising in the U.S alone. $2 billion of that has already
transitioned online. A significant opening exists to devise, build,
and monetize this opportunity within the next 2-4 years.