Senior Web Analyst, VML (Kansas City, Missouri)
Address:Kansas City, MO 64116Type:Full-time Description:
Let’s get something straight – we’re not hiring a Senior Web Analyst. Still reading? Great. Because at VML, we’re not just the titles we hold. Sure, they’re nice to see on our business cards, but we’re really so much more. True, we have a range of expertise from building websites and online media to developing software and viral campaigns, but that’s not who we are. It’s just what we do. VML is a place that values hard work, the human spirit and the idea that if it doesn’t exist, it can be created. We’re a full-service interactive advertising agency that thrives where grounded solutions meet the blue sky of possibilities. We’ve twice been voted one of the 25 best places to work in America, and have partnered with some of the most recognizable brands in the world. And with 16 years under our belt, you’d be correct to guess our trophy case is getting pretty full, too.
Description: This position is responsible for using marketing analytics to develop analytics implementation and optimization plans that become integral to our clients’ overall business strategies. He/she will partner with clients and internal stakeholders to design and implement measurement and optimization plans that capture appropriate performance metrics and demonstrably increase ROI. He/she is responsible for the development and execution of test plans and analytical approaches that improve the digital experience, enable targeted communications and drive desired consumer behaviors. The Senior Web Analyst will be able to translate requirements to technical development teams, and he/she will also be extremely comfortable consulting on solutions with senior-level clients.
• Work with VML account teams and clients to understand and document business, technical, and reporting requirements, and to develop solutions to ensure success
• Help clients expand their usage of web analytics tools and drive internal client user adoption
• Assist with the selection and implementation of web analytics and online marketing tools
• Provide guidance to agency and client on the implementation and use of A/B and multivariate testing using various tools – Omniture Test&Target, Optimost, SiteSpect and Google Website Optimizer
• Assist with pitches that include analytics consulting projects – both pure analytics and A/B or multivariate testing
• Assist clients with the tracking and enhancement of online marketing efforts
• Define site/campaign marketing metrics related to channel and analytics dashboards with input from agency/client; analyze and report holistically on a weekly basis
• Exhibit a high level of expertise working with multiple data sources (site analytics, media, email, transactional, etc.) to analyze performance of campaigns and marketing efforts and make recommendations for improvements
• Create, review and submit weekly metrics report for overall marketing dashboards. Include metrics definitions, and suggestions for further analysis
• Assist in automation efforts for executive-level reporting (Excel, extracts, SQL, etc.)
• Define and manage optimization tagging including web, email, online display media, etc., to ensure continuity across tracking and reporting
• Support all facets of the decision-making platform (click-stream, outcomes, analysis, search analysis and multivariate analysis) and work with web technology teams to identify gaps in data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements
• Work with web testing teams to define, execute, analyze and present results of A/B and multivariate tests to marketing leaders and team members
• Weekly, monthly reports delivered via Excel spreadsheets, BI tools or click-stream analytics tools
• Lead development of senior management dashboards
• Website behavior and customer experience analysis
• Data consolidation and validation
• Coordinating tags, tracking parameter implementations
• Lead creation and completion of multivariate and A/B testing documents (from hypothesis creation to influencing creatives, to identifying success metrics to post-test analysis)
• Documentation relating to existing processes and suggestions for improving processes
• Effective and persuasive presentations (verbal and written) for teams and clients
• BA or BS, MBA preferred (quantitative coursework like mathematics, statistics a plus, but not necessarily required)
• Three to five years of web metrics experience, including three years of experience implementing and using Omniture or similar tools such as WebTrends, Coremetrics, Indextools, etc.
• Experience using testing tools like Omniture Test&Target, Optimost and SiteSpect
• Expertise with BI tools such as Brio, Business Objects, Microstrategy and Cognos, with experience writing and tuning SQL queries in online or offline environment
• Expert at Excel, strong skills with MS Access and Office
• Mid-level expertise in SEM/PPC, SEO and Online Campaign strategies and a minimum of one-year experience measuring success of these types of efforts
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
• Business analysis experience in large companies with multiple functions/divisions helpful
To get the ball rolling, please submit your resume and cover letter online to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include career objectives, relevant experience and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.
Part of the WPP Group, VML offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business. Headquartered in Kansas City, VML is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more, visit www.vml.com.
Apply by Email:email@example.com
Looking to fill your Web Analytics or Online Marketing position? Post your open jobs on http://www.web-analytics-jobs.com/